Over the next 4 weeks I'm collaborating with Unfold London to select my favourite menswear items from this season. After a season across Europe which was dominated by blue, I've found myself reaching for indigo, ink, sky and navy tones from head to toe. Here's my selection of the best of blue to be found right now.
1. I'm a stickler for the details so if I'm committing to an outfit of blue that includes my under-garments. These SUNSPEL Classic Boxer Shorts are super soft and just what boxers need to be, comfortable.
2. There's something about UNIQLO that get's basics spot on - most of my socks are now from there so it's an obvious choice.
3. The belt is often a forgotten aspect to style and if I wasn't wearing an oxblood leather, I'd go for this ASPINAL of LONDON Classic Belt in Smooth Sapphire Blue Saddle Stitch.
4. It's hard to find good blue tint sunglasses. After a boom in the 90s, they're not a prevalent but these ASOS Clubmaster Sunglasses do the trick nicely.
5. No matter what you think of Slimane's take on Saint Laurent, this Wool-twill and leather Varsity jacket is superb. I've tried it on and the fit is fantastic as well as getting the blue tone spot on. It's hard to do a good navy blue so this is impressive and not easy to see in a photograph.
6. I've mentioned HOLDALL & CO before (here and in Man/Men...more coming soon) - quality is top notch, colour is perfect, size is just right - no need to say more.
7. I like Reiss for shirting as they've got a good range and often have great vintage styles. The use of print is superb in particular but I picked up this Oblivion Indigo Shirt last month and have worn it non-stop since. It's nearly sold out now but they've got a load of fantastic blue shirts to choose from for AW14.
8. I had my eye on LEVI’S VINTAGE 1947 straight-leg 12oz jeans for about a year before I invested. You can feel the attention to detail when you try them on and the aging process is beautiful. Still my favourite style.