Monday, 11 August 2014
GarconJon wants...Weekend Adventure
This week my collaboration with Unfold London has left me looking forward to next season. I may be clinging onto Summer weather with both hands but that doesn't stop me eyeing the up coming Autumn threads landing in stores this month. I love a good excuse to get out of the city take a weekend trip away, with a full backpack of hardy items. Here's my selection of the best items for a weekend away – be it hiking, camping or just to up the style stakes.
Click below to see my picks but head over to Unfold London for the full description.
1. Belstaff may be known for it's quality leather but it's their ready-to-wear that I've been longing for. This thick, chunky sweater feels incredible and is certainly enough to keep the cold out.
2. Simplicity in design is the most difficult to achieve but when it's done well, there's nothing better. These camp supplies exemplify the principle perfectly – practical and beautiful in equal measure.
3. Man of the World undoubtedly has some of the best selection of curated vintage items online and I love seeing their camping items. In every mans bag should be a trusty hip flask which not only looks cool but guarantee's a good time.
4. If you're doing some real camping, a pen knife is a must and there's nothing more stylised than this vintage oyster knife - also from the Man of the World store.
5. It's difficult to find a good fitting beanie. The colour and shape of this ASOS hat is spot on and compliments my standard neutral colour palette.
6. Reg Wing recently launched a newspaper in their Soho store which I attended the launch of. After a few beers in the store, I kept going back to this boot - it's an iconic style and one that's lasted decades of wear.
7. Nothing will work on a weekend away without the right bag. With a hardcore rope tie, this ditty bag is full enough to fill with the essentials while still looking cool as ever.