Thursday, 25 December 2014
The slow movement away from the last decade of 'skinny' styling is finally in full swing. I love the movement and freedom of wide leg trousers and oversized shirts, a look that works particularly well in Milan due to the standard uniform of slim cut suits.
Wednesday, 24 December 2014
Monday, 22 December 2014
Saturday, 20 December 2014
Friday, 19 December 2014
Thursday, 18 December 2014
Wednesday, 17 December 2014
London men's style at it's most classic with blazers, chinos and of course a trusty British brolly. These gents are the men behind the fantastic style sites The Sartorial Guide and Mens Fashion Magazine, photographed at London Collections: Men.
Tuesday, 16 December 2014
Monday, 15 December 2014
Acid-washed oversized denim on the streets of London, worn by the Managing Editor of System Magazine at London Collections: Men. Only a month to go until next season - fingers crossed for the perfect winters light and crisp blue skies.
Wednesday, 10 December 2014
The closer we get to Christmas, the more I've been looking at gifts online. The more I look at gifts online, the more I find things that I'd quite like for myself. It's a viscous cycle, you see and one that increases the length of my 'Bookmarks' list exponentially. To offload a few, here's some I've had my eye on this week.
1. Plaid Beanie: Generally I find it's actually quite difficult to find beanies that fit well but Black Buffalo tends to work a treat for my head. Love the subtle check on this from the Hypebeast store.
2. Sleek Stationary: Just adding the term 'space' to a product makes the cool-factor raise ten fold. Given that next year Virgin Galactic will take it's first spaceline trip it seems apt to order a gold Bullet Space Pen before the end of the year.
3. Shinola Watch: I've had my eye on a Shinola watch for a long time now. I love their story and pioneering Detroit location. This Runwell contrast chrono in gold is spectacular both in person and on screen - top of the wishlist.
4. Check Overcoat: After a day of meetings in Soho, I went on the hunt for a replacement for my old vintage coat that's seen better days. I headed into Tommy Hilfiger on Regent Street, a store I don't check regularly but was happy to see rails filled with delectable goods. This Rochester moon check coat is perfect and if I'm feeling bold would go well with their plaid chinos.
5. Winter Brogues: On the same trip I tried on Tommy's Boston dress shoe and loved the comfortable-and-practical-yet-formal mix. Great grip below, great design above.
6. Tartan Backpack: I may not have the long, slender limbs for Slimane's Saint Laurent trousers but his leather-trimmed tartan backpack would be a lovely addition to my collection. It's a handy size for light travel but deceptively holds more than you'd think.
For a new winter wardrobe, there's also only a few days days left to enter the Tommy Pinterest competition. Create a Pinterest board around the perfect Holiday look using items from tommy.com and the winner will be given a £600 gift voucher to buy their favorite NYE outfit online.